RECOMMENDATIONS TO INCREASE SPERM QUALITY & MALE FERTILITY
- Excessive heat to the scrotal area decreases production of sperm. So avoid hot tubs, & baths, saunas, electric blankets and water beds.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting pants & underwear.
- Avoid eating any foods that have been prepared with the use of chemicals, hormones, pesticides, and herbicides.
- Avoid using any recreational drugs, alcohol & tobacco- cigarette smoking.
- Avoid frequent exposure to environmental toxins like household cleaning products, lawn & garden chemicals and industrial compounds.
- Avoid foods packed or heated in plastics, plastic utensils, drinking water or other liquids from squeezable plastic bottles.
- Be cautious about using anti-hypertensives and antidepressants, anti-diarrheals, anti-fungals, medications for ulcerative colitis, anabolic steroids.
- Manage your stress – Take leisurely walks, laugh often, get a massage. Do meditation. Get regular exercise.
- Consume more “Free Radical Fighting Foods” for Male fertility. Studies have shown that infertile men have high levels of free radicals. Vitamins C and E, the minerals Zinc, Selenium provides strong antioxidant properties to fight free radical damage and maintain the integrity of sperm cells.
- Foods having a large amount of Zinc – oysters, egg yolks, dairy products, whole grains, nuts (pumpkin seeds, especially) & legumes.
- Foods High in Vitamin C : All fruits and vegetables, particularly Cherry, Broccoli, Citrus fruits, Black currants, Green leafy vegetables, Guavas, Kiwi, Mangoes, Melons, honeydew, watermelon, papayas, Peppers, Strawberries, Tomatoes.
- Foods High in Vitamin E : Almonds, Blackberries, Cod liver oil, Corn, Corn oil, Cottonseed Oil Currants (black) Grapefruit, Oats, Olive oil, Peanuts, Safflower oil, Sunflower seeds/ Sunflower oil, Wheat and wheat germ.
- Foods High in Selenium : Onions Bran, Spices, Brazil nuts, Tomatoes Eggs, Turnips, Fish & Seafood, Vinegar, Wheat germ, Whole grains, Mushrooms
RECOMMENDATIONS TO ENHANCE FEMALE FERTILITY
- If you are over weight, please reduce your weight by diet restrictions & daily physical yoga exercises. Obesity has negative effect on fertility. It reduces the quantity & quality of egg, imbalances your hormone status, increases the chance of abortion & foetal death.
- For your diet plan consult with your Doctor or Dietician
- Consume more fresh Vegetables & Fruits, which contains antioxidents.