At our centre we plan treatment in 4 phases
- Fertility Evaluation: Causes of Infertility is usually diagnosed through medical interviews and physical examinations of both partners so as to reach to the root of the problem.
Always bring your partner along when consulting with the doctor for the first time. Bring all records of previous treatment, surgery reports or laboratory results. The doctor will then review your medical, menstrual, sexual, and life-style history & suggest a number of tests before initiating treatment.
The entire fertility evaluation can be completed within one cycle and may consist of:
Semen Analysis of husband, Blood tests for wife, Follicular Study (D11-18 trans-vaginal ultrasound scan), Diagnostic Video Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy
Having completed all these tests, there is about a 90% probability that the cause of your infertility will be diagnosed. Once this is done, you can proceed to treatment
- Medications to Enhance Fertility: Depending on the diagnosis medicines may be prescribed for
- Ovum Production (Ovulation Induction)
- suppression of Endometriosis
- Enhancing sperm quality in the husband.
- Surgical Treatment: Laparoscopic or hysteroscopic surgery can be considered to correct the following conditions:
- Uterine Fibroids
- Tubal block
- Pelvic adhesions
- Ovarian cysts
- PCOS – ovarian drilling
- Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) is a general term referring to methods used to achieve pregnancy by artificial or partially artificial means. Examples of ART include
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF)
- IntraCytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Cryo Preservation